A NOTE FROM THE DIRECTOR GENERAL
Happy New Year! I hope you enjoyed and relaxed during the end-of-year holidays and were able to prepare for a productive 2020.
We are looking forward to a busy year with many opportunities to promote business aviation. In Montreal, we will welcome our new Director for ICAO Liaison at the beginning of February. Stay tuned for our official announcement later this month regarding this person who has experience as a business aircraft pilot and as an official in the ICAO Secretariat. This person will guide our activities in key ICAO forums, including the Air Navigation Commission, the North Atlantic, and panels on aviation security, facilitation, operational safety, etc.
The new year brings an early opportunity to promote and demonstrate business aviation’s commitment to sustainability and reducing its carbon emissions. IBAC, as part of the business aviation coalition on sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), will join the World Economic Forum and Zurich Airport in highlighting the availability of SAF for business aircraft at Zurich during the World Economic Forum at Davos, Switzerland.
And last, but far from least, I want to welcome Mr. Ali Alnaqbi of the Middle East and North African Business Aviation Association (MEBAA) as the IBAC Governing Board Chairman and Mr. Juergen Wiese of the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) as the Vice Chairman, as well as thank Mr. Sudhir Nayak of the Business Aircraft Operators Association (BAOA) of India for his continued service as Governing Board Treasurer. It will be a pleasure to work with them and the Board over the next three years.
• The new year has started with many IS-BAO workshops including West Palm Beach, Florida on 27-28 January preceding the NBAA Regional Forum on 29 January; and 3-4 February in Brussels in conjunction with EBAA’s AIR OPS 2020 event at the EBAA offices. Check out the current 2020 workshop schedule HERE
• The new Flightplan Stage1 continues to grow in North America. The kickoff for the programme in the Middle East and Europe began this week with training sessions in progress for the hand-selected Progressive Auditor/Implementor corps.
• In coordination with the Regional Forum, there will be IS-BAH workshops on 27-29 January at the Residence Inn, West Palm Beach. Space is limited, register HERE now!
• The AIR OPS 2020 event in Brussels will also be the location for the Fundamentals of IS-BAH Workshop on 3-February.
• In case you missed, see the latest IS-BAH Programme Update HERE.
• As mentioned above, the SAF Coalition supported officials from the World Economic Forum and Zurich Airport in their quest to make SAF available in to business aircraft flying attendees to/from the World Economic Forum beginning 21 January in Davos, Switzerland.
• World Fuel Services and World Energy just announced an SAF Program with Jet Aviation at Teterboro, Bedford, and Dulles airports that will enable jets flying to the 50th Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum (21-24 January) to lower overall carbon emissions. The SAF Coalition supports the program and included comments in the press release HERE.
Contact Bruce Parry for more information and for details on how to arrange access to this fuel for this event at firstname.lastname@example.org